It is important to store, clean, and maintain your TIZIP® zipper following the instructions of TIZIP®.
- Make sure to close TIZIP® zippers completely and taking care not to bend it for purposes of storage.
- The storage in an opened position for long period will cause zipper bending. If this occurs, slight leaks are possible. Keep the zippers clean and dry at all times.
- Avoid storing the zippers in excessively hot and humid environments.
- Proceed according to the FIFO (First In, First Out) method, whereby zippers are used in the same chronological order they were bought.
- We recommend using a fine brush, as well as a mild detergent and water to clean all of our TIZIP® zippers.
- Do not use solvents or abrasives, as doing so may compromise their functionality.
- Any debris that is caught between the teeth or coils of our zippers can have a negative impact on the sealing lip and thereby limit their sealing performance.
- If you use your TIZIP® zippers for purposes of protecting persons and property, it is incumbent on you to check their sealing function before making use of them.
- The maintenance of our TIZIP® zippers may differ depending on the model in question.
- If lubrication is necessary, make sure to use the original TIZIP® lubricant or a comparable product.
- Please also make sure to clean the zippers before undertaking to lubricate them.
- Proper lubrication prior to use is crucial to the proper functioning of all TIZIP® zippers that require lubrication.
- A package of lubricant is included depending on the zipper version in question.
- The ports of zippers closed at both ends must be lubricated from time to time (e.g. after extended storage periods).
- A lubricant is not necessary in the case of zippers that are open at one end or separated.
- Depending on the exact model in question, MasterSeal zippers may come with or without a lubricated port.
- SuperSeal zippers need to be lubricated along the interlocking elements and sealing lip.
- We request all manufacturers to apply some lubricant to the interlocking elements and the sealing lips
- Then open and close the zippers across their full length at least 5 times after they have been incorporated into new products.
- Proper lubrication is crucial for the functioning of our zippers!
- To ensure proper lubrication, please follow the instructions in the relevant manual.
- For smooth operation grease our TIZIP® WaterSeal on occasion.
- Please follow the maintenance instruction from our TIZIP® WaterSeal.